Nine Things I Am Currently Really, Really Liking
July 15, 2007 § 2 Comments
1. I Can Has Cheezburger: This needs no explanation.
2. Spoon, Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga: If you haven’t heard it yet, you can listen by clicking.
3. Joshua Ferris, Then We Came to the End: If you work in an office, doing anything semi-creative (writing, editing, marketing, avoiding your boss), you will see yourself in this book.
5. Swingy Tops in Neutral Colors: Like this top, for example (which I purchased yesterday). I love how I can throw a blazer on over them and be ready to go.
6. Our DVR: Normally, I love it because it fills up with episodes of Lost and The Office and the like, but right now, I like it because it’s completely empty, because nothing’s on TV, and I like the feeling of being totally free in the evenings. Free to drink tea and read #3 and shake feathers and strings at cats.
7. The MINI USA Owner’s Lounge Website: Every day, it tells me exactly where my car is on its journey to meet me. Yesterday, it was on a boat crossing the Atlantic, playing shuffleboard. Today, it’s en route to a distribution center in New Jersey. In two weeks, the keys will be in my hands.
8. Wii Tennis: After months of spazz-like play and constant losses, I am finally beating Scott with some regularity.
9. Ryan Reynolds: Smokin’ Aces? Try smokin’ freaking hot. I watched that crapulous movie last night (seriously? it was maybe the worst thing I’ve ever seen) with Scott under the condition that we would turn it off immediately when and if his character died. He looks pretty, but he’s not much of an actor — there’s one scene where he tells Andy Garcia to “Talk to me like a man” and he pronounced “man” just like Mike Meyers/Austin Powers does when he says “It’s a man, baby!” We had to rewind that at least four times before we could finally pick ourselves up off the floor and watch the rest of the movie. We should’ve quit while we were ahead.